Sunday, December 6, 2009

UK

Britain,
the place my family was born.
The place I wasn't.
It flows through my blood
like it would flow through a river.
Not an English accent, not quite,
my own, mixed, unique, mongrel one
Haven't lived there
for more than a year.
But that's where I'm from,
where I'll always be from.

It is the place with scattered villages
but only none do I belong to.
I'm in Panama
and that's where I belong for now.
Not in Greece, Romania, Malaysia, not any other place I lived
Just here... for now.
Almost my entire family are settled in UK,
except the ones like us.
The ones who are away from pounds and high prices,
strong English accents asking you questions over and over.

I miss Britain,
with the cool weather,
with the sun till 10:00,
with the fields and fields of green and
fields with cows, horses, sheep.
Mud, thistles, nettles, berry's,
wildlife every where you look.

I'm here for now,
not there...perhaps I'll return one day...one day maybe?

1 comment:

  1. "It flows through my blood
    like it would flow through a river."<---BEAUTIFUL! ;D

    ReplyDelete

Followers