Monday, August 23, 2010

Excuses


When the maid left and summer started meant no more school and lots more mess. The sink was heaving with dirty dishes by the end of a humid day. And the floor was sprinkled with dust and crumbs. We, us kids would have to do the washing dishes and sweeping the floor of that kitchen every night after dinner. Dreading this time we would always trek through it making excuses: "I need to go to the bathroom", "I need to get the used glass from my bedroom." But we always got dragged back to finish up. We always let our maid clean up, which makes us inexperienced in that area. So maybe we should occasionally take our little turn too; and not get used to not chipping in

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, yea I have to do that too when my maid isnt here...-.-..But maids cant always clean, can they? Sometimes we need to help :)
    I like how you described the kitchen saying, " The sink was heaving with dirty dishes by the end of a humid day. And the floor was sprinkled with dust and crumbs" Nice :D
    kEEEEEP IT upppp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was well written. I like how you used the word "inexperienced." Haha well everyone has to do their chores once in a while, especially during the Summer. Well it sounded a bit like a confession too, that you don't usually take care of housework. But great job though.

    ReplyDelete

Followers