Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Tell-Tail Heart

Witness's point of view

"I gingerly ran my ran my finger under cold water for a long few seconds-for there was an abrasion on the left side of it. The reason was I was lighting the fire was due to the cold weather.

"I was clad in warm clothing, in my favorite armchair -the old blue on by the fireplace-with a glass of water in my hand. (I was dehydrated because I had to stock up at the market on the families and mine inventories. I usually drink tea if I'm up this late.) Sitting back in my chair, I picked up my favorite book The Simulation of the Bee Epidemic. I always get so deep into that book that barley anything snaps me out of it.

"Reading in my warm living room I heard a loud thud from next door, I tried to endeavor to keep reading and not peek through the curtains. Though I was reading the words on page 167, I was not listening to them. Just then I heard the most gruesome scream which spread a grimace across my face. I could derive it came from next door again.

"I thought it was nothing serious, or maybe it was? I didn't know. I remember it electrified me when I heard that piercing sound and then I kept on 'reading'. I started saying things to my self: should I call or not call the copp'as-you. I surmised something WAS wrong so I succumbed to the note, 'or not'.

"I ran to the phone by the front door and dilled your number in a cursory manner and waited for someone to pick up on the other line. I told you to come here because I thought something suspicious was going on next door. Though I didn't have anything o corroborate me statement.

"I was pacing until I heard the faint trot of horses hooves down the dark road. They were getting louder and louder until they stopped outside my house. I rushed out side and saw you get out the cart. And that’s all constable."

"Thank you miss, we'll go and look around next door, have a good night now." The police man said in a deep voice, and then the walked over next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers