Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Remember

I would often say," remember the time when…"
But that phrase would often lead to a negative time that had happened closely before.
We occasionally fight
Instantly creating regrets.
We have good times too
But they are not cherished enough
In the photos that were left on the window sill
Were in the process of being looked at
But faded in the sunlight.
The moments we share
Turn onto memories we try to keep
Which are remembered,
But mostly forgotten
We have times when things evoke these precious fortunes
And we cherish those times most.
Though I would often say," we fought that other day,
Remember that, I'm sorry."
I didn't say," remember yesterday,
When we had a lot of fun."
These beloved occasions I want to hold on to more cautiously.
So when there not always around
To make these lovely memories happen
So I can say to my self, "I remember,"
And I'll be content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers