Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Peachy Pink Flushed Cheeks

I stood there full of consternation having the privilege to see her for the first time, for my brother is still sleeping. The gold door knob slowly turned, a shadow in the dark yellow tinted glass, took one step closer to the door.The seconds passing turned into hours now in my anxious waiting. The door clicked, slowly opening the expensive door. Letting the navy blue carpet to brush underneath it she walked in.

Mom, with a tiny baby in her arms lying prostrate, was finally home. Her bright peachy pink flushed cheeks wiped a smile across her face as she opened her Caribbean sea blue eyes to look at me. Her dark brown curls overlapping her pink blanket, looked adorable, she had the tiniest features I've ever saw. Her tiny toes sticking out if the end of the blanket, I instantly knew I would have fun painting them peachy pink,just like her cheeks. There she really was, my new beautiful sister...Emily.

My naturally pretty mother looked proud proud to have her in her arms. Not at all like haughtiness, just like Charlie, my brother would be while bragging about her little eyes to his so called friends at school.

I was filled with rapture as I thought how gratified I was for her to be in my life. I knew soon I wold have an eager whim to beseech to hold her.

A good twenty seconds had passed since Mom came through that door and now already I could hear Charlie tripping through cream colored halls. A curious head peeked at us from behind a corner. Happiness crossed his face at soon as he saw her, both Mom and new Emily. Suddenly and impetuously he ran over to Mom and instantly hugged her leg.

Then I knew I was lucky enough o have such a lavishly feeling life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers