Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WW letter

Eleanor Ashcroft
County Hall, Walton Street
Aylesbury, HP20 1UA

September 8th, 1933

Dear Mary Williams,

Hello again, I'm just checking things are fine down there.

I have recently been into town with mother to get the Anthology of poems. I have been dearly wanting it for the past few months, I am blessed the shop still had it. Though, I almost purchaised the collection of anonymus stories. I have been waiting long for it because father only gives me sixpence a week.

Gran came to visit last Sunday for tea, she was wearing the dearest pink bonnet I ever saw. Gran bought the two prettiest frocks over for me too (she usually brings me something for her disposition is so bright), an early birthday gift I'm guessing. Mary, I hope you are coming down next week, for its my 14 year.

I've heard the flu has recurred just out side of Oxfordshire. Oh, I hope you don't go and get it, its getting quite prevalent and I can not afford to loose anyone else nowadays.

I have to go to the school fate this afternoon, this generations school fates are extraordinary. Well then I will leave you there for now.


your loving friend always,
Eleanor

1 comment:

  1. I love the colloquialism in which you wrote. See me tomorrow about one error, and I would love to hear the expanded version of this letter.

    ReplyDelete

Followers